“So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do
all to the glory of God.”
1 Corinthians 10:31 (ESV)
We realize that every area of our lives is to be dedicated to God but often struggle with compartmentalization. By that, we see parts of our lives as more “spiritual” than other parts. 3D Integrated Devotionals help us teach spiritual truth in the context of sports in a way that helps us reinforce the truth that all of our life is important to God.
Explaining 3D Integrated Devotionals Further
- 3D Devotionals are an easy and fun way to train your coaches to do devotions.
- 3D Devotionals assist us in teaching Spiritual Truth in a way that reinforces that every area of our lives are important to God.
- The philosophy behind 3D Devotionals can be applied to every area of our lives (i.e coaching, sports, work, home life, relationships, parenting, etc).
- The 3D Devotionals teach us the concept of integrating SPORTS-LIFE-TRUTH into our practice, game and devotion times.
- 3D Devotionals are a proven method that are used by Sports Ministries across the country and around the world.
- For example:
- SPORT – Passing – While doing a Passing drill, ask what is the most important thing about passing. They will have many answers like accuracy, speed, power, anticipation …. All are good answers but not the most important thing! The most important thing in passing is a willingness to give the ball away.
- LIFE – Sharing (Age sensitive) We all have things that are “ours.” (Give some examples like toys, our time, ourselves, etc) If we are going to be a good friend or family member, we need to share what is “ours” with others. This sharing of our things is just like passing the ball to a teammate, being willing to give it away.
- TRUTH – Serving Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Christ gave himself supremely as an example or sharing/serving. From the passing drill, if we learn to give the ball away, we understand more of the heart of Jesus in giving himself for us and the heart he wants us to have toward our friends, family, and teammates.
- Click this link for examples of additional 3D Devotionals
- Access 3D Devotionals for basketball, soccer, flag football, and baseball in the Church Resources in the Church Directory. (Click here)
- When utilizing 3D’s, we encourage and ask Sports Ministers to write their own 3Ds. If you’ve never written any 3D Devotionals:
- Watch this video explaining 3D Integrated Devotionals
- Pick a sport you offer in your ministry, choose an age that you will present it to, and then take the worksheet resource linked below with the three main points (Sport, Life, Truth).
- Pick a skill in the sport, like passing above, and think of a drill to teach that skill. Reflect on how the elements of the skill translate to that age group in such a way that those listening can identify. And apply a passage of Scripture that shows the integration of truth into their life and sport.
- Talk with one of our partner churches who use the 3D Integrated Devotions.
- Todd Buck – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become a partner church to get mentoring from either Jeff Fox, Ken Cross or Bob Schindler on this topic and for overall assistance in growing your coaches training and overall ministry, click here for more info.
- Click this link to download: Integration vs Injection
- Click this link to view: 3D Integrated Devotional Training – Worksheet.docx
- 3D Integrated Devotionals: Zoom Recording of Sports Minister Discussion (Coming Soon – 5/20/2020)
- Watch this video of Bob Schindler explaining: What Are 3D Integrated Devotionals?